Linnets humbled at home in National League North

today 7

share close

King’s Lynn Town 0 Curzon Ashton 4King’s Lynn Town suffered another defensive collapse as their survival fears were increased by manager Adam Lakeland’s former club this evening.In a game they needed to get something from to ease their worries in the National League North drop zone, Lynn found themselves 3-0 down against Curzon Ashton inside the opening 33 minutes at the Walks.The home side were floored by three goals in a devastating eight-minute spell and were never a serious threat to the visitors who dared to add a fourth goal in the second half.Lynn remain two points adrift in the table having played three more games than Banbury United and Southport above them.Manager Lakeland made one change from the side that came from two goals down to draw with Hereford on Saturday.Quevin Castro was handed his first start for the club at the expense of Tommy Hughes who dropped to the bench.The hosts lined-up with four at the back as Greg Taylor started off in the left-back slot.Lynn started off at a brisk tempo with Dylan Crowe’s first-time ball flashing across the face of goal in the opening three minutes.George Morrison’s long-range effort had visiting goalkeeper Cameron Mason at full-stretch as the home side remained on top in the opening exchanges.Craig Mahon gave Lynn a timely reminder of how dangerous the visitors could be as his effort from outside the box whistled over the woodwork.The hosts were indebted to Paul Jones for a fine save to deny James Spencer before Kian Ronan put his body on the line to block Rhys Hughes’ follow-up.Lynn’s bright start soon went out the window as the Nash scored three goals in a matter of minutes.The first arrived following a clever piece of play from Stefan Mols as the home defence went to sleep.Three minutes later Adam Barton was given the freedom of the penalty area to make it 2-0 and worse was to follow as Spencer glanced home a header.The half-time whistle was greeted with loud boos and there was a long deliberation between Lakeland and his assistant Sam Walker on the touchline long after the players had left the pitch.Lynn replaced Dylan Crowe with Owen Devenport for the start of the second half as they looked to mount their second big comeback in the space of a few days.Defender Josh Coulson was deployed as a centre forward alongside Jonny Margetts and Devenport as Lynn switched to a 4-3-3 formation for the second 45 minutes.But Mols added his second after the ball squirmed under the body of home goalkeeper Paul Jones and only the inside of both posts denied him a hat-trick two minutes later.Lakeland’s side did come close to netting a consolation in the 77th minute but Devenport was unable to guide the ball past Mason.It just about summed up the night and Lynn now have to pick themselves up – and quickly – or they will find themselves in even deeper trouble if they fail to pick up three points at home to Chester on Saturday.King’s Lynn Town: Jones, Ronan, McFadden, Coulson, Taylor, Hargreaves, Rogers (Curtis 83), Morrison, Castro, Crowe (Devenport 46), Margetts (Forde-Brown 90). Subs not used: Hughes, Dixon-Hodge.Curzon Ashton: Mason, Poscha, Mattthews, Spencer, Hayhurst (Allen 88), Waring, Mols (Stoery 74), Richards, Mahon (Canyon 80), Barton, Hughes. Subs not used: Campbell, TaylorScorers: Mols 25, 62 Barton 28, Spencer 33.

Written by:

Rate it